Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Ten things that crossed my mind at last night's Buzzcocks concert
1. Adding the word "buzz" to the front of any dirty word makes it sound much less dirty.
2. What are Robert's Rules of Order regarding mosh pits?
3. The answer to "Ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn't have fallen in love with?" is "Ever written a sentence with a preposition you shouldn't have ended it with?"
4. There's a harmony in my head. Lord, make it stop!
5. "Why Can't I Touch It?" A clever lament about the subjective nature of reality or a dumb masturbation joke?
6. Who stole my bike?
7. The Buscocks?
8. Two plastic cups of watery beer for $12 begins to make sense only after you've spent about $72.
9. Lava lamps never get old. At least I pray that's a lava lamp.
10. It's tough to be a hardcore punk when your feet hurt and it's past your bedtime.
Posted by Kenton Larsen at 3:57 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
And what was up with that punk rock drum solo?!ReplyDelete
Number three is interested in so many, many ways.ReplyDelete
I am so, so, so jealous. If I were still in Winnipeg I'd have been all over this show. I just got Singles Going Steady from Amazon UK a couple weeks ago, and "Promises" basically immediately worked its way onto my top 5 songs of all-time.ReplyDelete
The punk drum solo: weird indeed!ReplyDelete
You're not in Winnipeg, Dan? Where are ya?
Singles Going Steady is one of the great punk records of all time: perfection!
I'm out in Fort Frances writing sports for the Fort Frances Times. Fortunately, it's close to home so I can visit on weekends and such, but we don't exactly have the Buzzcocks touring through with any regularity...ReplyDelete
Too bad about the Buzzcocks! But sounds like a fun gig.ReplyDelete