Molson-Coors' ad campaign hit a little too close to the mark.
Planning a big move to the Big Smoke?
If you want to get ahead (or a head) in advertising, Jeff Bjarnarson - CreComm grad and lead project manager at Stone Canoe in Toronto - has some advice for you:
- Most job sites are a waste of time - and not even applying to the specific company's site seems to work
- Cover letters must "look" good, but no one really appears to read them
- Give yourself six months to a year in your search
- It's a numbers game: rapid-fire off hundreds of resumes/cover letters - and make your subject line and email flashy
- Apply to a president or VP directly
- Add everyone who you can to LinkedIn.