The word had a nice ring to it the first time I said it out loud, so I started using it 5,000 times a day - much in the way the Kids in the Hall's "ascertain guy" used his favorite word:
So when my fellow Red River College employees started lodging complaints alleging cruel and unusual punishment, I knew it was time to make up some new words myself.
I can only hope that one of these has the cache of fren- er...the word that shall not speak its name!
- Cemetrees - Scary, leafless trees, like the ones you see in cemeteries on Halloween.
- Crapp - An app that crashes.
- Drool pool - The liquid you wake up in when you fall asleep with your head on a desk.
- Evilution - The theory that those who are at first nice to you will, over time, morph into hideous bastards.
- Exclamaddict - Anyone like me!!!!!!
- Flustrated - Frustrated and flustered.
- FoMofo - A phony - or faux - mofo.
- Hippocritter - 'Lil hypocrite.
- Horribullish - Being positive that bad news is on the rise.
- Semaforeign - A flag system used to speak with people from other countries.
- Snoozepaper - A newspaper with stories you've already read online.
I'm still given a hard time about a word I created when I was eleven: "unboneless", to describe chicken breasts on the bone.ReplyDelete
It's confusing but it works!
That's a good one!ReplyDelete
A relative of mine used to ask to sit in the NUN-smoking section. I could never tell if it was bad pronunciation or complete lack of understanding that it's "non."
I laughed reading these Kenton! I grew up thinking the word "floory" was real because my grandparents confused story and floor when they moved into an apartment in Canada.ReplyDelete
I also used the word "wething" instead of wedding as a child. I knew a wedding was about couples so I just assumed they meant it was a "we-thing" instead of just an "i-thing" or a "you-and-me-thing".
Great post :)
Thanks, Stacia - those are some great words!ReplyDelete
Portmanteaus are my favorite thing in the entire world!!!ReplyDelete
My personal favourite is "slore"... figure that one out!