Say you want a resolution.
Hey, so do I! So here's my New Year's resolution shortlist for 2010 - things I hope to reduce or stop doing altogether, though I wouldn't exactly put money down on my ability to do so:
1. Quoting the New York Times: I read in the New York Times that it's irritating.
2. Singing and whistling out loud. Though songs like this one (by Ewarde Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes) make socially acceptable. Right? Right!
3.Thinking about my own personal problems while other people are talking to me about theirs. What was that? I was just thinking about eating a tasty ham for dinner.
4. Laughing at my own jokes. But they're so damn funny! Ahahahahahahahahahahaha! Cough, cough.
5. Saying, "Wah, wah, wah" after something lame happens.
6. Buying CDs. I heard they're available online, for free. I'm going to look into it. I'm skeptical, but I'll get back to you if it's true.
7. Eating chips and pie after working out. On a treadmill, though, what else is there to think about?
8. Having murderous thoughts about the person using the bank machine in front of me. But honestly, are these people applying for mortgages, recording a segment for Speakers' Corner, and ordering takeout, or what?
9. Hand-drumming on desks and table tops. Me waiting for someone at Red Lobster:
10. Cursing like a sailor. But when I'm vacuuming and stub my toe against a table, so few other words seem to fit.
Wah, wah, wah.