Tuesday, June 16, 2009
10 things that crossed my mind during last night's Coldplay concert
Ten things that crossed my mind during last night's Coldplay concert at MTS Centre:
1. I sure hope the Winnipeg Free Press doesn't use the headline, "Coldplay's performance is hot, hot, hot."
2. Not that I'm going to, but where would one buy a Che Guevara meets Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band meets Police-era Synchronicity outfit in Winnipeg?
3. Where are Gwyneth and Apple?
4. Confetti cannons, beach balls, and the wave never get old.
5. What was all yellow?
6. Coldplay sure sounds a lot like U2. And move around the stage like U2. And sing, "I'm a Believer," like U2 did at the PopMart Tour. Wait a sec - it is U2!
7. How does Caramilk get the caramel into the chocolate?
8. A concert attendee on the floor uses a cell phone to call a concert attendee in the nosebleed seats. They wave until they see each other. They get excited. They wave some more. This must be stopped.
9. Whatever happened to that giant, smiling, arena-sized portrait of the Queen?
10. When are they going to sing, "Livin' La Vida Loca?"
Posted by Kenton Larsen at 9:27 AM