Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Ten new words to help you lose friends and alienate people
See number seven, below.
Remember: some word inventors make as much as poets. Cough, cough.
1. AntiPaders - People who have never used an iPad, but believe they hate it anyway.
2. Brand journalism - The creation of worthwhile Web content that positions your product or brand as one worthy of attention and business.
3. DemoGeoPsycho - A person crazy for target audiences.
4. Dutilicious - Loving what you've been hired to do.
5. Empty figurehead - A dumb person with an important title and few duties.
6. Full-figurehead - A person with ample proportions, an important title, and few duties.
7. I Can't Believe it's Not Sluttier - The obvious name they're not using for the butter campaign, above.
8. The phone screen - The new job interview stage in which, after they read your resume and before you get an interview, they call you to make sure you're not a freak with a good resume.
9. Pixel pusher - The digital equivalent of pencil pusher: a person who does boring work on a computer.
10. So-Ho - Social hour at work, as defined on our great tour at GolinHarris, Chicago.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Oh c'mon, AntiPaders is pretty clever. I imagine if it were an animal it would look like an elk.ReplyDelete
#7 is for sure my favorite! haha.ReplyDelete