Monday, July 27, 2009
Ten things I learned at last night's Eagles of Death Metal show
Just one question: is the boy bad news?
Ten things I learned at last night's Eagles of Death Metal concert at the Ramada:
1. Bands singing about Cherry Cola make me thirsty for Cherry Cola.
2. Josh Homme is French for "Josh couldn't make it."
3. The Eagles would hate the Eagles of Death Metal.
4. Death-metal fans would hate the Eagles of Death Metal.
5. Mutton chops never go out of style.
6. Nor do falsettos.
7. When in Winnipeg, every band is legally obligated to cover the Guess Who, Burton Cummings, or Randy Bachman.
8. When I run into students at rock and roll shows, they all greet me the same way: "What are you doing here?"
9. Cowbells can be broken with drumsticks.
10. Asking "foxy ladies" whether "they came to party" results in mass cheering at a concert, but - unfortunately - nowhere else.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I heard the show was pretty good, no?ReplyDelete
Yep - it was lots of fun. They walk the line between sincerity and irony better than anyone.ReplyDelete
Re: #7 A Neil Young cover may be played in Winnipeg as a suitable alternative to The Guess Who. (i.e. Los Lobos and "Cinnamon Girl")ReplyDelete
I think there would be more hipster cred in a really wicked Crash Test Dummies cover, cause once Lenny Kravitz does a Guess Who cover it is never cool again.ReplyDelete