The Oscars had part of my attention. The minimum amount.
I got 14 out of 24 correct on this year's Oscar picks, which means I achieved the high, high score of... 58.3 per cent or a "D." Red River College doesn't give "D+," so I can't even give myself that little emotional boost. Boo.
I don't hate the outcome of the awards, but I did hate the awards show. My observations/tweets:
- Actors sure loves actors. "Mel Gibson. Your vulnerability is truthful, raw, bare..."
- Franco and Hathaway have all the sexual chemistry of Rosie O'Donnell and Nathan Lane with none of the jokes.
- Two-person monologues suck.
- A little Billy Crystal is better than a lot of Franco.
- Kirk Douglas was the hippest thing about the show, and even he wore out his welcome.
- Creepy and awkward speeches are creepy and awkward.
- Canada doesn't bleep "fuck." The U.S. does. I'm proud to be a Canadian!
- You know there were a million crew members from Terminator: Salvation foaming at the mouth when Christian Bale won the Oscar.
- The Star Wars theme livens up even the most dismal of wakes.
- Best costume designer, meet Toastmasters.
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Edgar Winter: separated at birth.
- Jeff Bridges sucks marbles.
- Spiel is the best Berg.
- They should take Natalie Portman's award back for the Star Wars prequels.
"The worst Oscarcast I've seen, and I go back awhile. Some great winners, a nice distribution of awards, but the show? Dead. In. The. Water."