Has a year gone by already? Seems like just yesterday I put on that skin-tight Speedo with the Canadian maple leaf on the crotch and marched down Portage Avenue, proudly waving my flag at passersby.
"Hey, everyone, is my patriotism showing?"
It was and it is.
So, once again, it's worth pausing on Canada Day to lean on the moisture vaporator, look up at the setting twin suns, and give thanks for being lucky enough to be born in a country with all of this great stuff in it:
1. Our bad-ass prime minister:
2. Canada's first lady, Celine Dion, is finally having the twins that her husband has been waiting patiently for ever since she was 11.
3. Canadian Cask Innis & Gunn is available at MLCC for a limited time, so get yours today! Innis & Gunn: It's All in the Taste. Can I have some free beer now?!
4. I have it on good authority that the beaver is making a comeback.
5. Canada is the only place on Earth where a hooker's come-on is, "Blow ya for some smokes, eh?"
6. Crossing the Canadian border: "Got any guns?" Crossing the American border: "Got any citrus fruits?"
7. Blog on Canada Day and get time and a half!
8. Air Canada is the only airline on Earth so technically advanced that it has actually found a way to also lose your emotional baggage.
9. If it's good enough for Burton Cummings, it's good enough for me! It's not good enough for Burton Cummings? OK, well, it's still good enough for me.
10. We're a country full of love, dammit.