Last year I went to Chicago with my lap and laptop.
This year, I'm going with my lap, iPhone, and Echofon app, which means there's a whole online world of Chicago I have yet to experience in person.
Here they are: the essential apps and essential feeds you need to be following on Twitter:
Chicago Twitter feeds:
- Chicago Tribune
- Chicago Sun-Times
- Red Eye Chicago - Chicago arts and entertainment
- Michael Phillips, movie reviewer for the Chicago Tribune
- Chaser Chicago - Chicago nightlife
- Chicago Art Magazine
- Chicago Magazine
- Roger Ebert
- Chicago Art Institute
- Broke Hipster - Chicago on a budget
- Chicago Architecture
- Chicago Current - politics
- NBC Chicago
- Navy Pier
- The Second City - Sketch comedy
- Time Out Chicago
- Oprah (of course).
- Chicago 2Go
- Chicago Map and Walking Tours
- Lollapalooza '10
- Foursquare (but will it work with a Canadian iPhone? TBD!)
- Yelp (ditto)
- Chicago Maroon - University news app. Projector take note!
- Chicago Tribune Newsreader - not the best app in the world, but it'll do in a pinch.
- Broadway in Chicago - musicals, etc.
- CBS 2 Chicago - local news
- The White House - a cheat, sure, but talk about a classy and expensive-looking app. Nice work, Barack!