"I don't swear just for the hell of it. Language is a poor enough means of communication. I think we should all the words we've got. Besides, there are damn few words that anybody understands."Hell, yeah!
- Henry Drummond, Inherit the Wind
Here are 14, new words I've invented or inadvertently stolen from other people (please tell me if I have, and I promise to delete and forget your comment as soon as humanly possible).
Start using them today - until loved ones get angry and threaten to leave you:
1. Appvertiser - Me!
2. Dementiattention - Feigning madness to get attention.
3. Exposer - One who specializes in getting exposure.
4. Faux-worker - A co-worker who relies on you to do all the work.
5. Fourpas (four-pah) - Signing in on Foursquare repeatedly at one sitting in order to become the mayor of a location.
6. FreeFreep - Finding a paper version of the Winnipeg Free Press and reading it for nothing.
7. Groupoffer - One who refuses to sign up, use, or say the word "Groupon."
8. Lapp - Santa's app.
9. Napp - Boring app.
10. Newsless - "News" that only exists to give a website more clicks. See: Yahoo News or Entertainment Weekly.
11. Screw U-nuchs - School employees who go on vacation between September and April - when students are in school - even though they already get vacation at Christmas, Spring Break, and two months in summer.
12. Sickocrite - One who often calls in sick, but insists that no one else does the same.
13. Snews - Boring news. See: Yahoo News.
14. Yikesickle - A big icicle that could fall on your head.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.